Sussex Waste Managment
It couldn't be simpler to hire a skip from Sussex Waste Management. Simply choose the size you want or if you need friendly advice on the type of skip you need then talk to one of our staff, who will help you with your inquiry.
We aim to be competitive. The recycling operation we run on site cuts the cost of disposing of your waste because less goes into landfill – we aim to recycle 85% of waste brought in.
If it is your first time hiring a skip, take a look at:
What you need to know and Dos and don'ts. These are particularly important if your skip will be sited on the road and to ensure you are aware of what you are not allowed to put in your skip.
What you need to know
• Make sure the skip you hire will be large enough for your project. It will cost you more to hire two small skips than one larger one.
• The skip hire period is one week.
• Think about where your skip will go. If it needs to be sited on the road or grass verge outside your house, you are likely to need a permit from your local council. We will arrange the permit on your behalf.
Your responsibilities when hiring a skip
Dos and don'ts
• Do not put any of the following in your skip: fridges or freezers, televisions, fluorescent tubes, light bulbs, tyres, asbestos, clinical/medical waste, liquids including oil, paint and solvents, food waste, gas bottles and any hazardous, flammable or toxic material.
• Do not overfill your skip
• Do not light fires in the skip
• Do use Us. Unlike many skip hire firms, we have our own recycling facility on site to reclaim up to 90% of what goes in your skip.